For the last two weeks of topic, we are going to switch attention to British Wildlife.
Rather than setting specific tasks for you to undertake, below you will find various activities that you can pick and choose from. The idea is to get to know British wildlife a little better either by going out and about or by having a look online or at the sheets below.
This week we will focus on invertebrates (creatures without back bones - minibeasts in other words) and next week vertebrates (creatures with back bones - birds, mammals, reptiles and the like).
Various invertebrate activities
- Write a report about invertebrates or a particular invertebrate that interests you
- Make a guide to the invertebrates in your garden/on your street/in a local park
- Research the most unusual looking invertebrates in the UK
- Spend a half an hour in your garden/a park/looking out a window and write down all the invertebrates that you see - make a tally chart so that if you see something more than once, you record how many times you see it
- Take pictures of all the invertebrates you see in a week and turn it into a gallery
- Make a presentation/video about invertebrates and show someone
- Write a story: A Day in the Life of (an invertebrate of your choice)