A little bit of reading each day will hugely help your child. This might be a phonics book or they might spot words they recognise or can decode in any book.
We are really excited to have purchased Bug Club by Active Learn. These are online versions of the phonically decodable books that we use as reading books. We're sure you heard it lots of times before but reading with your child is THE most important and valuable thing you can do to support their learning so please make some time each day to do this, even if it's only a few pages.
Colins Big Cat
Want more books? Colins are offering their e-books free during lockdown using these log on details:
More stories to read yourself:
- Read them yourself stories: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page#
- https://collins.co.uk/pages/big-cat-ebooks (Phase 2: pink; phase 3: red; phase 4: yellow)
Stories to share:
- Read along with these stories: https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/storybooks-and-games/
- Sit back and enjoy stories: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b00jdlm2/cbeebies-bedtime-stories
- The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities: https://www.weareteachers.com/virtual-author-activities/?fbclid=IwAR27QmFPo03zcqzJYk-kNWHC46HcGeq9QmYYHN3RmRJnrcFJasJ3i6BEnZM