PE and Sport Premium
The dedicated primary PE and Sport Premium, which was announced in March 2013 and began the following September, goes directly to primary school headteachers so that they can decide how best to use it to provide sporting activities for pupils.
The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Schools must spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.