Back to School
All our thoughts are turning toward everyone coming back to school next week. We've set some PHSCE activities for Tuesday afternoon but you might want to keep visiting some of these activities throughout the week:
There are some great activities to support your child in relaxing here:
World Book Day
World Book Day is on Thursday. Here are some more World Book Day related activities you could do at home:
- Can you guess who is hiding behind their favourite book? https://forms.gle/ZZ1GYWbtFkkra7ha9
- Your teacher’s have uploaded themselves reading their favourite stories here to this week's story page. Spoiler alert - make sure you do the quiz first!
- Take a 'shelfie' photo, email it to email@example.com and enter our competition. For inspiration see your friend's shelfies here: Our Gallery
- Ask your family about their favourite books from their childhood - you might discover some new favourites.
- There are lots of activities on the official website World Book Day website: https://www.worldbookday.com/resources/
The World Book Day website are also hosting live stories sessions:
Wednesday 3rd March, 10.30am – Books that Make you LOL!
Starring: Humza Arshad, Alex Bellos & Ben Lyttleton (Football School), Jonny Duddle and Zanib Mian
Hosted by Kenny Baraka, motivational speaker
Thursday 4th March, 10.30am – World Book Day special – Bringing Reading to Life
Starring: Joseph Coelho & Fiona Lumbers, Tom Fletcher and Lydia Monks and special guest Rob Biddulph
Hosted by Nigel Clarke, TV presenter
Friday 5th March, 10.30am – Books and the Real World
Starring: Sita Brahmachari, Jess French and Katherine Rundell
Hosted by Jessie Cave, actor and podcaster
Each event will last approximately 30 minutes.
Please upload photos of your World Book Day activities to Evidence.Me