KEY TASKS Week 8 (beginning 11th May)
Classroom Secrets Resources for Maths and English
White Rose Daily Solve Maths Problems
These word problems by White Rose Maths involve a range of mathematical skills from the Y2 Maths curriculum. The children need only attempt to solve the problems on the first 'Orange' page as these are problems designed for KS1, whereas the second 'Blue' page contains KS2 problems.
English - Jack and the Beanstalk
This week we would like you to explore the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. You will find a link to a youtube video version below. You may have different versions at home that you can read. Here are a list of activities you can then do:
- Create a storyboard retelling the story (see templates below).
- Write your own version (spelling word mat below).
- Think of different alternatives for the story - perhaps there is something else at the top of the beanstalk, what different things could Jack steal from the giant?
- Design a wanted poster for Jack (Template below).
- Choose a character and hot seat them (Questions below)
Juno's Life Cycle of a Plant Animation
This fabulous stop-motion animation created by Juno will explain the life cycle of a plant brilliantly.